This is the finished product of my creating gone wild! Do you remember the "Holler for Hoops" that I created a couple of days ago? I just could not leave well enough alone......
What is this mess, you ask? I wanted to show the process that I went through to make this newest bracelet. It started off with a pattern by Jonna Holston of Kernersville, N.C. that I got out of the Bead & Button Magazine. I had moved this pattern from desk to desk, I filed it a couple of times and kept bringing it back out, hoping to "someday" get around to making the earring. Saturday Melissa came over with that very pattern made up & it was lovely. The ear ring was relatively easy so I made four pair in different colors. As I was making another pair, I laid one on top of the others. "Now wouldn't that make a lovely bracelet?", I thought to myself. So I made eight separate ear rings and started playing around. I thought maybe I might make a continuous petal effect so I stitched together three of them. Then I realized that the "petal" effect was eventually, going to cover up the copper crystallized Czech beads. So I sewed three more together and thought I could hook them together in the center but it just did not look the way I wanted. I then sewed two of the earrings opposite of each other and added a larger Czech bead in the center of the two ear rings. I proceeded to sew them all together in the fashion that you see in the finished product. Beading is very very time consuming but when one enjoys the process, time just seems to pass so quickly. When I looked up at the clock, my eyes were very strained but even then I could not believe that I had been beading for 12 hours with very few breaks. It was 6:39AM!
I wanted to thank Jonna for the great pattern that lead to my newest bracelet. I hope that she will be pleased with the results.....Sharon
9 hours ago