Friday, March 13, 2009

My baby gets a new pair of shoes!


Today was a marvelous working day. It is wonderful when one can really enjoy their "work" like Lynn does and I enjoyed watching her work. Lynn from Lynns Lovelies was so gracious to come to my home and help me with setting up my blog. It just needed so much help that it was hard to know where to begin. But Lynn plugged away on one thing at a time. We added some of my favorite music...fixed the header...and set up the link so that you can just click on any of my favorite blogs to see what all the fuss is about. The blogs I love best are now listed on my sidebar thanks to Lynn's work. I now "enjoy" all of her hard work and can not tell you how precious it is to have her for a dear friend. We even got to chat and do a swap while at my kitchen table. Lynn is going to make a new creation for a precious china doll that I have had for 36 years! My baby doll was given to me 36years ago when I had to have a hysterectomy therefore all hope of having another baby was gone. I was feeling so down when a dear friend made this baby and brought her to me to help me through the bad times. She is so sad looking with the doily head piece and the yellowed handmade shabby dress. It is all covered with spots and stains. I do not even have a name for her. I just call her "baby". She should get a name so maybe you could help me in naming her once she gets her precious new things. I have just decided what to do. I will have my first "giveaway" and she will finally have a name!!! Once Lynn is done redesigning her I will feature her and you can see the difference plus will get to be in the drawing to name her and I will make something very special for the winner! I am going to make Lynn a custom piece of jewelry from bead colors she choose. (How does one ever make an even exchange when there is so much love behind each hour we put into our creations?) It is like a Christmas surprise waiting and anticipating what will be coming my way.

Monica from The White Bench and Marcia from The Rustic Victorian wrote lovely comments that are so appreciated. (The pic of the Blarney Castle is courtesy of The White Bench) I had asked in my last post questions about giveaways and swaps. I knew from speaking with Kimberly Serendipit-Us that I should take their words as gospel. So it was exhilarating that they were the first two to respond! Plus I got to hear from Kimberly too. I feel like the new girl on the block and need all the help I can get. (Considering my son-in-love thinks I am a complete idiot when it comes to computer anything. But I am working on figuring out this blog stuff and my daughter hasn't set hers up so I am not too computer illiterate)
I would love to hear from anyone else about their responses to my questions. But most of all I appreciate your stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend, Sharon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Sharon...I so enjoyed our wonderful day, today. I am thrilled that I could help you. It is amazing how many things we have in common, ie our love for Sarah Brightman's extraordinary gift of voice.
I know without a doubt that the Lord led us to each other and for that I am ever grateful.

Can't wait to start on 'Baby's" new finery...LOVE the 'Name the Baby' giveaway, too~~Perfect!

Hugs and much love,
♥Lynn

SharDon Exclusives said...

No pressure to get her done, Lynn. Whenever you make "baby" her dress will be fine. While I am making your bracelet I will be praying for you and you do the same for me then we will be twice blessed! Love ya'

The Charm House said...

Sharon, Oh my goodness... Thank you for that gentle little slap on the side of the face to wake me up! Sometimes we have to go back and read why we decided to do something to remind us of why we are doing it...
So many times I feel like if I am not making a difference when I am doing something, it is not worth doing. Sometimes I forget that what we do is not for us to see the difference that we make, but for us just to follow God and to just do it in faith knowing that He wants us to do it.
Thank you dear friend...
:)Hugs,
Yvette

Monica said...

Sharon... sorry for telling that, but you have mis-spelled my link here ('My baby gets a new pair of shoes' post) and it appears another blog:(((!!!!!!!!
AND the picture of Blarney Castle is NOT MINE! ;)
I don't mind, but thought you might have liked to know...:)
Cheers,
Monica.
P.SI am not a techno- girl, too, and I can understand what you say...

Woven Victorian Elegance Swarovski Crystals

Woven Victorian Elegance Swarovski Crystals
My favorite Necklace but will sacrifice for $85.00

Fiori

Fiori

Butterflies Galore

Butterflies Galore
Can be made with your favorite colors!

Bead Embroidery

Bead Embroidery

Cleo

Cleo
Pattern design by Jimmie Boatwright/Atlanta Bead

Nothing But Netting

Nothing But Netting

All Buckled Up

All Buckled Up

Just Something I Made.blogspot.com

Just Something I Made.blogspot.com

Copper Peyote

Copper Peyote

Red Black Purse Ear Rings

Red Black Purse Ear Rings

Purple right angle Will Make in Your choice of colors

Purple right angle Will Make in Your choice of colors
Swarovski Crystals and Rivoli (SOLD)

Butterflys

Butterflys

Swarovski Crystal Purple fantasy

Swarovski Crystal Purple fantasy
(SOLD)

Gold and Green Herringbone and Cab

Gold and Green Herringbone and Cab

Holler for Hoops

Holler for Hoops

Floral Motif

Floral Motif

Lovely Purples on Copper Pendant

Lovely Purples on Copper Pendant
Stunning Purple (SOLD)

V Vine Fantasy with Reversable Pendant

V Vine Fantasy with Reversable Pendant
Blacks and Tans with Antique Crystals Necklace $55.00

Dramatic Bump Bracelet

Dramatic Bump Bracelet

Celini Spirl Blue and Gray

Celini Spirl Blue and Gray

Freeform nest

Freeform nest

Fiori Necklace Swarvoski Crystal and Amethyst Crystal

Fiori Necklace Swarvoski Crystal and Amethyst Crystal
Sold

Pearls on Mother of Pearl

Pearls on Mother of Pearl

Twisted cuff

Twisted cuff
Crystal flower & Slide lock $55.00

Copper Chocker

Copper Chocker

Delicious Copper Cubes

Delicious Copper Cubes
Choker Necklace $60.00

Copper & Earring combination

Copper & Earring combination
Purple Brick Stitch & White Antique Beads $95.00

Twisted Bugles

Twisted Bugles
Twisted Bugles with crystal bead drops $55.00

Fringed Cage

Fringed Cage

White on White on Gold

White on White on Gold