Friday, November 13, 2009

I am creating Christmas

My Blog Friends are such
blessings to me
and
that means YOU!
Okay, I have to admit something...
I am a honest blond lady.
After I wrote that post about
The Crap Blog Detective.
I turned on the Moderation thingy.
I went on my blog this evening and not a single person had even commented about it!  So I decided,well, I will post another idea and forget it.  I didn't know that when I turned on the moderator that I had to go approve each comment! 
There you all were, all the time!!
Don't ya' know that that is how the Lord must feel sometimes.  He blesses us and blesses us but we don't even look around to see His writing on the wall...lol
Your sweet comments humbled me and sent tears to wet the face and heart.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, dear souls for your sweet words of encouragement
 and
for blessing my life with your unique friendships.
No, I am not upset. 
I got that all off my heart real fast.   
That is why I wrote the quote:
"Don't let anyone pull tomorrows clouds
 over todays sunshine."

Okay, so I have been busy!
I made this "snow scene" for my buffet in the living room at Christmas.  I wrote to Jenny at http://jnichelle.blogspot.com/ asking for indulgence to post a picture of the one I created out of core board.  She has one in the background of her beautiful tree sculptures that I just loved.  I drew a pattern, cut it out of the core board (WalMart) then sprayed it with glue, topped it with large glitter then used a glue gun (sprinkled immediately with more glitter) to make the snow on the buildings and the trees.  (I used one of those 400 gold foil doilies on the inside for the round window & put pieces of vellum on all the windows so that I can run a string of lights behind) 
Total cost? 
$2.89! 
for one sheet of core board.
I had made this same thing years ago but it was eight foot tall buildings and trees for my church in Des Moines.  It went behind the 25 foot Christmas Tree that we loaded with ornaments from our church members.  But I had forgotten all about it until I saw Jenny's. 
 (BY THE WAY you have only one more day to sign up for her giveaway.)
PLUS....I made
a couple of beaded poinsettas for this beautiful green votive holder that my sis recently sent me as a "love" gift.  It is totally made of beads in a light green.  Ya' know me, I just wanted to add a little more to it.  So the poinsetta idea came to me.  Then I found a book,
"Beaded Ornaments for the Holidays and Beyond." from Bead and Button Magazines.  I don't have the money to be spending on patterns but when my sweet daughter asked if I would split the cost.  Welllll, what can one do when they get something for half price....lol  In the spring I will add spring daisies or something in spring colors. 

 It will be fun to "redo" it each season.
(Thank you, Big Sis for the sweet and thoughtful gift!!  I love it!) 
( Thank you, Big Sis for the beautiful love gift!  I adore it!)
So here are the poinsetta's.  What do you think? 

So that is why I say I am making Christmas around the Kyser household.
Making Christmas ornaments, well sorta' along with everything else. 

I can't show you the three other ornaments that I made until I get them to their rightful owners. This is the first year that I have gotten up the nerve to participate in ornament swaps. 
I love Christmas ornaments and have collected them since 1965 so the idea of a swap was right up my alley. 
I am so excited about it.
Again, thank you for your love, kind words and concern. 
All is wonderful with my world.
Blessings to each one of you,
Sharon

18 comments:

jen said...

Hey Sharon LOVE IT! That is a fabulous scene~ you did a beautiful job!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Sharon, love your white Christmas village...oh, I can just imagine the BIG one, probably cost a little more than the $2.89 one. The beaded poinsettias are gorgeous. Do you ever sleep?
Big hugs,
Debra

Sweet Old Vintage said...

How very lovely..... You white scene is very charming and my you have been so very busy... Have fun and enjoy all your lovliness.....

Lynn said...

I was wondering the same thing as Debra, do you ever sleep? I have only known you since a few days ago and you have created so much already in that time, and so beautiful it is too, I love the village scene, and your beading is amazing :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your Christmas village is so beautiful! And love the beaded poinsettias. Whomever receives a beaded ornament from you will be greatly pleased. Blessings this Sunday, :) Tammy

My Vintage Studio said...

Your beaded poinesttias are beautiful! Wonderful gift...lucky person.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Sharon

Deborah said...

I love your Christmas scene,. It does look a lot more expensive than what you actually spent. Your beaded ornament is simply scrumptious too. I think your version of the Cleo bracelet is stunning too. You do wonderful work. Have a great week.

bj said...

Love the Christmas scene..the flowers are just beautiful. I love beaded flowers and used to have some my mother made. Where are they? I need to go thru some boxes in the attic.

Thanks for coming by to see me..and..your blog loaded quickly this morning for me!! yipee

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Good morning Sharon,
You are such a creative beautiful person. Is there anything you do not know how to do. I am still in awe over your necklaces and then you show me this Christmas scene and it is really nice.
When do you find the time for all this. Oh thats right you stay up all night.
I have been worried about you so drop a line and let me know that you are ok.
Thinking of you
Maggie

Barbara Jean said...

Sharon,
I LOVE!!!!! your white village. May have cost under $3.00, but looks like it took HOURS to make!!

Wish i had your patience and i would make one too.

blessings

barbara jean

Tea with Tiffany said...

Love your Christmas creations.

Thank you for commenting on my Laced with Grace post on Friday. Appreciate your words.

Have a wonderful weekend remembering how BIG your God is.

English Cottage in Georgia said...

You are so talented...I love what you have created. Do you have a webstore?

Journal Swag said...

Beautiful things everywhere I look on your blog!! I've accidentally done the moderation thing on my blog too! In fact, I'm starting to worry, I better go check!

Hugs,
Sheila

Viola said...

Love your snow scene, Sharon! Great work! Your ornament looks so wonderful too! Have a nice day! :)

Lorraine said...

Your christmas village turned out lovely Sharon - what a great idea! And those poinsetta's - to die for!!!! Can hardly wait to see what you made for the swaps...

Its So Very Cheri said...

I love ornaments too. I add a bunch of new ones each year.

Cheri

The Rustic Victorian said...

Oh so beautiful Sharon, your talent is continually amazing!

Terry said...

Howdy Sweetie
Just rode over to thank you so very much for your kind words and prayers.
I am slowly getting back on my feet .
So much to catch up on and now after seeing your beautiful photos
I am kind of side tracked with lots of fabulous fun ideas,
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talents.
Big Hugs
Happy Trails

Woven Victorian Elegance Swarovski Crystals

Woven Victorian Elegance Swarovski Crystals
My favorite Necklace but will sacrifice for $85.00

Fiori

Fiori

Butterflies Galore

Butterflies Galore
Can be made with your favorite colors!

Bead Embroidery

Bead Embroidery

Cleo

Cleo
Pattern design by Jimmie Boatwright/Atlanta Bead

Nothing But Netting

Nothing But Netting

All Buckled Up

All Buckled Up

Just Something I Made.blogspot.com

Just Something I Made.blogspot.com

Copper Peyote

Copper Peyote

Red Black Purse Ear Rings

Red Black Purse Ear Rings

Purple right angle Will Make in Your choice of colors

Purple right angle Will Make in Your choice of colors
Swarovski Crystals and Rivoli (SOLD)

Butterflys

Butterflys

Swarovski Crystal Purple fantasy

Swarovski Crystal Purple fantasy
(SOLD)

Gold and Green Herringbone and Cab

Gold and Green Herringbone and Cab

Holler for Hoops

Holler for Hoops

Floral Motif

Floral Motif

Lovely Purples on Copper Pendant

Lovely Purples on Copper Pendant
Stunning Purple (SOLD)

V Vine Fantasy with Reversable Pendant

V Vine Fantasy with Reversable Pendant
Blacks and Tans with Antique Crystals Necklace $55.00

Dramatic Bump Bracelet

Dramatic Bump Bracelet

Celini Spirl Blue and Gray

Celini Spirl Blue and Gray

Freeform nest

Freeform nest

Fiori Necklace Swarvoski Crystal and Amethyst Crystal

Fiori Necklace Swarvoski Crystal and Amethyst Crystal
Sold

Pearls on Mother of Pearl

Pearls on Mother of Pearl

Twisted cuff

Twisted cuff
Crystal flower & Slide lock $55.00

Copper Chocker

Copper Chocker

Delicious Copper Cubes

Delicious Copper Cubes
Choker Necklace $60.00

Copper & Earring combination

Copper & Earring combination
Purple Brick Stitch & White Antique Beads $95.00

Twisted Bugles

Twisted Bugles
Twisted Bugles with crystal bead drops $55.00

Fringed Cage

Fringed Cage

White on White on Gold

White on White on Gold