Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Blessings abound & a weekend of Another Rainy Day in Georgia




It has been raining "cats & dogs"! (I wonder where that phrase came from? ) You may have already heard the news. The schools have been canceled for Monday & Tuesday because of the flooding. We have had showers, drizzle, and honest to goodness rain & lightening storms. But in my home I have had "showers of blessings"! On Saturday the mail lady brought me a wonderful gift wrapped in a secure plastic bag. I was so excited that I ripped it open just like Christmas mornings! Look at all of the the wonderful goodies that were in the box. It was stuffed beyond bulging. Then I found out that it could not all fit in that box and another arrived on Monday morning!!!! What a blessing from above! Carole of California sent me a box of fru-fru's to use on the Journals of Love for cancer patients. Carole, thank you, dear dear lady, for listening to my heart and sending a much needed supply of encouragements!!!
My hubby and I live entirely on Social Security and I would not to be able to continue making the Journals of Love without the Lord supplying the need. Then I received two emails from ladies wanting to contribute toward this cause. My pride wanted to say: "No, send it to someone who will really need it" but I knew in my heart that the Lord was supplying when we could not any longer make the lovely journals.
Look at all of the inspiration that has been so generously given! There are papers, pens, glitters, laces, pictures, letters, it goes on and on. I have received my Christmas gifts in September and I am a happy camper!!
Thank you, Carole, for the love gifts! I am so humbled and moved that someone so far away has touched my heart so deeply. Please accept this "virtual hug" from the bottom of my heart. I KNOW that the Lord will return this blessing to you ten fold...
Sharon

7 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Many more blessings to you and hubby... Sometimes we have to leave it with God... I have to many mnay times as you have probably figured out on my blog.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Sharon!
Thanks so much for the warm welcome back~~it feels so great to know I was missed;)!
Wow!! What a magnificent surprise to receive from Carol!! The Lord does hear our prayers and hearts!!
I am so proud of you dear friend for what you are doing...just is fantastic!!
I have an idea..and will email you with a tiny brainstorm I just had!

Love the pumpkins you posted about earlier...

Unbelievable weather we are having, isn't it? Stay dry, sweetie girl!

Love,
Lynn ♥


~Let FREEDOM Ring!~

a Bohemian Market said...

Good Morning Sharon:
I am so excited that you received the boxes so quickly. I am so happy that sharing with you will make some ladies very happy with the lovely journals you create.
I got goose bumps and am so glad you and I got to "meet" one another; all because we both like to share : )
I am e-mailing you right now.
Take care Dear Lady
Sincerely
carole

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Sharon, what beautiful blessings!!!! I can't wait to see the wonderful journals you will create with these sweet gifts....hugs and love, Dawn

LuLu Kellogg said...

You are doing such a wonderful thing and thank heavens for the wonderful blessings you received to use for working on your journals!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Linda K. said...

Wow, you will be busy with journals for a while! What beautiful supplies, good for you! You have more in the mail, so keep a look out!

Blessings,
Linda

Jan Thomason said...

sharon, you really have a special angel in your life! she sent you soooo much in supplies that i couldn't figure it out until i read the text. i thought maybe you were cleaning up/reorganizing your studio! SO MUCH. God is so good!

and, though i've not seen one of the journals you make for cancer patients, i will state that you are an angel, also. One of God's workers.

keep up the good work, sharon.
you are blessing so many.

jan

Woven Victorian Elegance Swarovski Crystals

Woven Victorian Elegance Swarovski Crystals
My favorite Necklace but will sacrifice for $85.00

Fiori

Fiori

Butterflies Galore

Butterflies Galore
Can be made with your favorite colors!

Bead Embroidery

Bead Embroidery

Cleo

Cleo
Pattern design by Jimmie Boatwright/Atlanta Bead

Nothing But Netting

Nothing But Netting

All Buckled Up

All Buckled Up

Just Something I Made.blogspot.com

Just Something I Made.blogspot.com

Copper Peyote

Copper Peyote

Red Black Purse Ear Rings

Red Black Purse Ear Rings

Purple right angle Will Make in Your choice of colors

Purple right angle Will Make in Your choice of colors
Swarovski Crystals and Rivoli (SOLD)

Butterflys

Butterflys

Swarovski Crystal Purple fantasy

Swarovski Crystal Purple fantasy
(SOLD)

Gold and Green Herringbone and Cab

Gold and Green Herringbone and Cab

Holler for Hoops

Holler for Hoops

Floral Motif

Floral Motif

Lovely Purples on Copper Pendant

Lovely Purples on Copper Pendant
Stunning Purple (SOLD)

V Vine Fantasy with Reversable Pendant

V Vine Fantasy with Reversable Pendant
Blacks and Tans with Antique Crystals Necklace $55.00

Dramatic Bump Bracelet

Dramatic Bump Bracelet

Celini Spirl Blue and Gray

Celini Spirl Blue and Gray

Freeform nest

Freeform nest

Fiori Necklace Swarvoski Crystal and Amethyst Crystal

Fiori Necklace Swarvoski Crystal and Amethyst Crystal
Sold

Pearls on Mother of Pearl

Pearls on Mother of Pearl

Twisted cuff

Twisted cuff
Crystal flower & Slide lock $55.00

Copper Chocker

Copper Chocker

Delicious Copper Cubes

Delicious Copper Cubes
Choker Necklace $60.00

Copper & Earring combination

Copper & Earring combination
Purple Brick Stitch & White Antique Beads $95.00

Twisted Bugles

Twisted Bugles
Twisted Bugles with crystal bead drops $55.00

Fringed Cage

Fringed Cage

White on White on Gold

White on White on Gold