Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Tribute to the Old and the New Baby Blogger...

Jalina Rose (isn't that the cutest name!) has not even been born yet and she already is blogging! Yes, you read it right...some new blogging friends of mine are expecting a baby! Grammy is already busy at work, nesting, creating and lovin' every minute of it! Grammy, better known as http://ladyjanesemporium.blogspot.com/ is having a shower for the new baby girl , Jalina Rose, and of course for her Mommy too. I promised Jalina that I would post this sweet girly girl thank you so she could use it after she is born. I thought someone out there might want a copy of it. (the first picture is of the card closed the second two are 8x8 inch full card that has to have the window opening cut out to reveal the sweet baby inside-then folded twice.)
But first you will have to read the story behind the cards.

(Goodness, I have been so blessed with wonderful stories of my family.) This is my Great Grandpa Bohling who lived to be 94 years young. (I posted a picture of Grandma Bohling a couple of posts back.) He was a wonderful Christian man that lived his Faith. As far back as I can remember he was a street preacher. Up to the month before he died, he made it a habit to ride his bicycle, take the bus or walk to downtown Des Moines, Iowa to tell passing strangers about the Lord that he loved.
About a year before he died, I happened to be downtown and was blessed to hear someone singing "The Old Rugged Cross". There was my precious Granpa, hat in hand, singing his precious heart out for all to hear & see. I stood across the street, just to watch him for a while. Two men were making fun of him, as they stood beside me. I winked at one of them (of course, I was a lot better looking & much younger then) anyway, so they watched me walk away. I went right up to Granpa and kissed his sweet cheek then winked back at them. Granpa was so happy to see me & said "Well, Bless God, honey, will you have a cup of coffee with me?" He always said "Bless the Lord or Bless God" whenever he talked. (I can hear him now) So we went into Woolworths for a cup. When the lady brought the coffee he asked for cream. She brought the cream but when he poured it in the cup the cream was spoiled and curdled a little. I started to call her over and he said "No, no, sweetheart, don't bother her she is so busy, I will drink it anyway". That was my Granpa. He never wanted to be any trouble or bother to anyone. He truly had a humble servants heart. When I think of the scriptures on humility, my Granpa is the picture that I see.
So back to the card.
Granpa used to go door to door selling Watkins products and Christian cards. His idea was, he was then able to get into a home to leave his testimony with them. Around 1960-ish he gave me two boxes of the loveliest baby thank yous for my future use. I saved the boxes as a reminder of him & his sweet spirit. They got packed from here to there, house to house and state to state. I found them once again.
"Jalina, I am so glad to have met your mommy & grammy and hope they will be able to think of a good use for this sweet card. I send it with the Lords' blessings to such a sweet bundle of love."
So if anyone else wants to use them, please do so with my blessings, but please do not sell the graphics as your own....
Just another story from my past to share with all of my sweet blogger buddies.
May the Lord "shower each one of you with His blessings" this week.
Sharon

9 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I loved the story about your Grandpa :)

The graphic of the baby was so sweet...thank you for sharing!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

The baby cards are soooooo sweet. Thank you for sharing and a special thanks for sharing about about your great grandpa. He was something special.
Smiles,
Pat

Angela said...

What a wonderful man that was so willing to let God use him completely!! I love the card but it is even more special knowing that it is a "GOD-given" card! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway.
love,
angela

Diane said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful story about your Grandpa. The cards are precious!

Sandi said...

What a wonderful legacy your Grandfather left you! So awesome! I admire anyone who can share their faith that way!!!!! God bless!!
Hugs~
PS LOVE the baby card too and the story is just precious!

Lisa said...

Super Lovely Post! The card is amazing. I enjoyed your story of your grandfather. It is so fun to learn more about my blog friends through their love of their relatives!
Thanks so much for sharing!
Hugs, Lisa

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Sharon, what precious memories of your Grandpa...thank you so much for sharing some with us!!! He sounds like he was such a wonderful, Godly man ~ and the cards...GORGEOUS!!! xxoo, Dawn

LADY JANE said...

OMG!!!!I am finally getting around here in bloggieland and I TOTALLY love the name ...lol Jalina Rose...hmmm do you suppose I am being partial? Her shower was wonderful111I will post pics soon!
THANK YOU so much for sharing the sweet graphic of the baby card! I can hardly wait to print off 100's (LOL) and HUNDREDS of them! I love your sweet story about Grampa! Sigh...you have touched my GRAMMY heart...thanks so much for sharing our Jalina Rose!!!!! Bloggie Hugs and Kisses from Grammy and our lil' Jalina Rose!

Melissa Fortenbery said...

Going thru reading your blog has made me cry Mommy...I love the story bout Grandpa Bohling....he was so sweet to me and I miss him and GG so much! I love you MOM and Blessed everyday that you are my neighbor and Bestest Friend!
Your Little Big Girl!
Missy

Woven Victorian Elegance Swarovski Crystals

Woven Victorian Elegance Swarovski Crystals
My favorite Necklace but will sacrifice for $85.00

Fiori

Fiori

Butterflies Galore

Butterflies Galore
Can be made with your favorite colors!

Bead Embroidery

Bead Embroidery

Cleo

Cleo
Pattern design by Jimmie Boatwright/Atlanta Bead

Nothing But Netting

Nothing But Netting

All Buckled Up

All Buckled Up

Just Something I Made.blogspot.com

Just Something I Made.blogspot.com

Copper Peyote

Copper Peyote

Red Black Purse Ear Rings

Red Black Purse Ear Rings

Purple right angle Will Make in Your choice of colors

Purple right angle Will Make in Your choice of colors
Swarovski Crystals and Rivoli (SOLD)

Butterflys

Butterflys

Swarovski Crystal Purple fantasy

Swarovski Crystal Purple fantasy
(SOLD)

Gold and Green Herringbone and Cab

Gold and Green Herringbone and Cab

Holler for Hoops

Holler for Hoops

Floral Motif

Floral Motif

Lovely Purples on Copper Pendant

Lovely Purples on Copper Pendant
Stunning Purple (SOLD)

V Vine Fantasy with Reversable Pendant

V Vine Fantasy with Reversable Pendant
Blacks and Tans with Antique Crystals Necklace $55.00

Dramatic Bump Bracelet

Dramatic Bump Bracelet

Celini Spirl Blue and Gray

Celini Spirl Blue and Gray

Freeform nest

Freeform nest

Fiori Necklace Swarvoski Crystal and Amethyst Crystal

Fiori Necklace Swarvoski Crystal and Amethyst Crystal
Sold

Pearls on Mother of Pearl

Pearls on Mother of Pearl

Twisted cuff

Twisted cuff
Crystal flower & Slide lock $55.00

Copper Chocker

Copper Chocker

Delicious Copper Cubes

Delicious Copper Cubes
Choker Necklace $60.00

Copper & Earring combination

Copper & Earring combination
Purple Brick Stitch & White Antique Beads $95.00

Twisted Bugles

Twisted Bugles
Twisted Bugles with crystal bead drops $55.00

Fringed Cage

Fringed Cage

White on White on Gold

White on White on Gold