Thursday, September 17, 2009

It is a rainy night in Georgia

It is cool and rainy in Georgia. Wonderful times to create. After reading so many posts about getting out the fall decorations I had my hubby to dig out my pumpkins. (These are NOT ordinary pumpkins these are my Blessed Pumpkins!!)
I wanted to show you the center pumpkin first. I made this five or six years ago out of dryer vent tubing. I wired the hose with a strong wire at the top and bottom/spray painted it with neon orange/added a tree branch stump to the center with a touch of glue. It has served me well for at least five long years. (It is very orange but the flash makes it look yellow)
Second I wanted to talk about the three pumpkins in the background. (I painted a jack-o-lantern on one side and turned it to face the mirror.) In the fall of 1989 my ex-husband had lost his job, we were flat broke and struggling to take care of our two kids. I remember that I went out to the workshop and called out on the Lord to "PLEASE, Lord help us!!!!" I saw alot of scrap pieces of lumber laying around the shop and thought "fall? What could I do for fall?" Thus my pumpkins were born. I began to free form the shape of a pumpkin and went to the jig saw and cut it out. "Now what was I to do for the stem?" Out in the yard I found a branch that was just right. (Mind you this was three or four o'clock in the morning) By morning I had 100+ pumpkin "hopefuls" waiting for HomeDepot to open to get neon orange spray paint.
Sometimes the Lord doesn't just drop money from heaven, He intends for us to use what He gave us. I knew that I knew I was on the right track. I continued to make pumpkins, then Santas, then severl full size Santa & reindeers. I made a business out of a cry for help! God answered my plea and He helped me to raise the money to pay the bills until my ex-husband got back to work. (An interesting side note: Once we did not need the money as much, the business went flat.)
I remember the bad & the good times but it is in those bad times that we reach out, pray, & get answers.
If you are going through some rough times, Our God is Faithful to Hear our Prayers & He WILL answer one way or the other। He always answers! It may be Yes, it may be No but it could be Not NOW.
Sometimes I have to remind myself of the miracles that He has blessed me with. My pumpkins always make me remember back to my answer from God.

11 comments:

The French Bear said...

How true!!!! They are very creative and beautiful!!!
I so understand what you are saying, God is so good!!!
Bless you,
Margaret B

The Charm House said...

God is so Good ~ All the Time!!! What a wonderful testimony of how God takes care of His children! I can understand how special your pumpkin patch is to you! Have you ever seen the scarecrow display in Hoschton, Ga.? What a treat! I did a blog on it last year, so, if you get a chance look it up!
Hugs,
yvette

Barbara Jean said...

Awesome and oh so true post.
love your pumpkins!!

I just have to try that dryer vent one. so much easier than my sewn and stuffed ones.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

What a wonderful story Sharon. Very inspiring!! Those are indeed "Blessed Pumpkins"!
Karen

Nadine said...

What a wonderful story and message that you shared Sharon! Both your pumpkins and story are beautiful...thank you!

Blessings!
~Nadine

paru's_circle said...

a very touching story! love your pumpkins

Its So Very Cheri said...

Be sure to come by tonight around 9pm (Eastern time) for the announcement so you don't miss out. I promise-it good-really really good.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

The Jeweled Postcard said...

Oh my Sharon, it's the 19th and it's still raining here!!!! I'm just having fits as it rains almost every time we come to my son's in GA!!!

Going to my favorite shop tomorrow in Brazelton, for vintage findings, YIPPEE!!!

((hugs))
candice

a Bohemian Market said...

Hi Sharon:
You are truly one talented lady!!!
May I put your blog on my blog?
I am hoping to have some vintage seed and bugle beads within the next 2 weeks. I want to buy a vintage master hank but the cost is prohibitive today : (
You have a marvelous week
peace
carole

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful testimony. How special that you have a yearly reminder of Christ's care for us and the 3 answers to our prayers.

Stephenie said...

What an amazing post.. You're so right.. Thanks for sharing this story with us.. I know we all can relate to this story in our own lives.. Love the pumpkins by the way...
STephenie

Woven Victorian Elegance Swarovski Crystals

Woven Victorian Elegance Swarovski Crystals
My favorite Necklace but will sacrifice for $85.00

Fiori

Fiori

Butterflies Galore

Butterflies Galore
Can be made with your favorite colors!

Bead Embroidery

Bead Embroidery

Cleo

Cleo
Pattern design by Jimmie Boatwright/Atlanta Bead

Nothing But Netting

Nothing But Netting

All Buckled Up

All Buckled Up

Just Something I Made.blogspot.com

Just Something I Made.blogspot.com

Copper Peyote

Copper Peyote

Red Black Purse Ear Rings

Red Black Purse Ear Rings

Purple right angle Will Make in Your choice of colors

Purple right angle Will Make in Your choice of colors
Swarovski Crystals and Rivoli (SOLD)

Butterflys

Butterflys

Swarovski Crystal Purple fantasy

Swarovski Crystal Purple fantasy
(SOLD)

Gold and Green Herringbone and Cab

Gold and Green Herringbone and Cab

Holler for Hoops

Holler for Hoops

Floral Motif

Floral Motif

Lovely Purples on Copper Pendant

Lovely Purples on Copper Pendant
Stunning Purple (SOLD)

V Vine Fantasy with Reversable Pendant

V Vine Fantasy with Reversable Pendant
Blacks and Tans with Antique Crystals Necklace $55.00

Dramatic Bump Bracelet

Dramatic Bump Bracelet

Celini Spirl Blue and Gray

Celini Spirl Blue and Gray

Freeform nest

Freeform nest

Fiori Necklace Swarvoski Crystal and Amethyst Crystal

Fiori Necklace Swarvoski Crystal and Amethyst Crystal
Sold

Pearls on Mother of Pearl

Pearls on Mother of Pearl

Twisted cuff

Twisted cuff
Crystal flower & Slide lock $55.00

Copper Chocker

Copper Chocker

Delicious Copper Cubes

Delicious Copper Cubes
Choker Necklace $60.00

Copper & Earring combination

Copper & Earring combination
Purple Brick Stitch & White Antique Beads $95.00

Twisted Bugles

Twisted Bugles
Twisted Bugles with crystal bead drops $55.00

Fringed Cage

Fringed Cage

White on White on Gold

White on White on Gold